Birmingham Changing Futures Together
Local authority boundaries of Birmingham City
- Lead partner – Birmingham Voluntary Service Council (BVSC)
- Midland Heart
- Birmingham MIND
- SIFA Fireside
- St Basils
- Birmingham and Solihull Mental Health Trust NHS Foundation Trust
- Birmingham City Council
- Birmingham and South Central Clinical Commissioning Group
- Staffordshire and West Midlands Probation Trust
- West Midlands Police Service
What the project does
- Lead workers and Peer Mentors: A group of skilled, empathetic frontline staff who take responsibility for formulating each client’s care plan and co-ordinating, reviewing and overseeing a multi-agency care and support package. They feed into project evaluation and learning. Lead workers are supported by paid Peer Mentors.
- Every Step of the Way: A user empowerment programme that trains, supports and facilitates service users to become experts by experience, volunteers and peer mentors.
- The ‘No Wrong Door Network’: A group of networked agencies committed to information-sharing and common approaches and standards in supporting people with complex needs.
- Psychologically Informed Environment (PIE) Training offered to the No Wrong Door Network members to add to the quality of their work.
- An Intelligent Common Assessment Tool (iCAT): A shared tool that supports more effective inter-agency collaboration and enables a ‘whole person’ response.
Other work-streams include ‘in reach’ and ‘outreach’ activities, and a virtual hub – a local good practice and information exchange and learning and evaluation activity.