Fulfilling Lives Islington and Camden
Read publications and reports from this partnership
London Boroughs of Camden and Islington
- Project Lead: Single Homeless Project
- Camden Council
- Islington Council
- Providence Row
- Crime Reduction Initiatives (CRI)
- Eagle Recovery Project
- Holy Cross Centre Trust
- Prison Advice and Care Trust (PACT)
- Solace Women’s Aid
- St Mungo’s Broadway
- The Pilion Trust
- One Support
- Homeless Link
- Business in the Community (BITC)
What the project does
- Assertive outreach service: modelling effective interventions for people experiencing multiple disadvantages
- Peer mentoring programme: working with local partners to develop capacity to deliver peer mentoring programmes
- Gender-informed development: piloting a multi-agency case conference tool across the sector; WiSER programme (a collaboration between the women’s and homelessness sectors on effective interventions for women experiencing multiple disadvantage and domestic abuse); piloting Housing First for women experiencing domestic abuse and multiple disadvantages and the development of gender-informed models in local hostel pathways.
- Access to mental health services: evaluating the impact of therapeutic and psychological interventions; developing pre-treatment approaches and piloting a ‘dual diagnosis’ project in partnership with the mental health trust for people presenting in mental health crisis at A&E.
- Access to physical health services: testing the efficacy of nurse-led outreach to people experiencing multiple disadvantage with chronic and acute physical health issues; a community-based wound care service alongside a programme of training for local practice nurses; and supporting the development of local health navigator programmes.
- Housing and homelessness: Housing First; a multi-agency case coordination model across the hostel pathways; identifying women who are ‘hidden homeless’; and hosting an MHCLG-funded cross-borough Navigator service