Inspiring Change Manchester
Local authority boundaries of Manchester City
- Lead Partner: Shelter
- Education, Training and Employment – GROW Campus: Back on Track Manchester
- Mental Health: Self Help Services
- Peer Mentoring: Community Led Initiatives (CLI)
- Operational and Strategic groups incorporating stakeholders from across Criminal Justice, VCSE, Work and Pensions, Housing and Homelessness, substance misuse and academic organisations
What the project does
- Getting Real Opportunities of Work (GROW) traineeships: paid work opportunities for people who have experienced multiple disadvantage to develop a career.
- Housing First: sharing learning through our evaluation and bringing organisations across the North of England together to explore best practice in Housing First.
- GM-Think: a multi-agency database that lets services across Greater Manchester share information quickly and securely. Organisations can coordinate work and prevent people from re-telling their story every time they approach a different service. Individuals are involved in their own support planning by updating their goals and achievements.
- No Wrong Door: co-produced in partnership with people who have lived experience. Based on four principles of access, practice, information and expertise.
- Lived experience involvement: Xchange, Women’s Voices and our Core Group have provided platforms for current service users to participate with programme governance, research, influencing and delivery.
- Women’s Voices: a group run by women, for women, to create equal opportunities. The movement unites women to improve communities and services through regular campaigns and events.
- Membership: ICM membership is being developed to create a less transactional, asset-based approach to our organisation and move beyond the traditional service provider/service user relationship.