VOICES – Stoke On Trent
Local authority boundaries of Stoke-on-Trent.
- Lead Partner: Brighter Futures
- Expert Citizen C.I.C.
- Healthwatch Stoke
- Stoke-on-Trent City Council
- North Staffordshire YMCA
- Staffordshire Police
- North Staffordshire MIND
- Citizens Advice Staffordshire North and Stoke-on-Trent (SNSCAB)
- Stoke-on-Trent Citizens Advice Bureau
- Aspire Housing Association
What the project does
- Service co-ordination: for people experiencing multiple disadvantage.
- Supporting a community of interest for people with lived experience: Expert Citizens CIC, which influences local and national systems.
- People with lived experience take the lead in evaluating services: VOICES and Expert Citizens have co-created a set of quality standards for services working with people experiencing multiple disadvantage. Services are evaluated by Expert Citizens who make recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Peer mentoring: and other volunteering opportunities.
- Housing First: VOICES successfully piloted Housing First within the frontline team. As a result, the city council included the approach in its homelessness strategy. Housing First is now being delivered by a partnership of local organisations funded via VOICES.
- A comprehensive learning programme for professionals: VOICES and Expert Citizens are offering a comprehensive programme of professional development for people and organisations working with people experiencing multiple disadvantage, informed by lived experience.
- A systems change prospectus: for partner organisations to resource learning and implementation of systems change priorities.