West Yorkshire – Finding Independence (WY-FI)
The project works across the five districts of West Yorkshire: Leeds, Bradford, Calderdale, Kirklees and Wakefield.
- Lead Partner: DISC
- Adults and Housing related support Bradford Local Authority
- West Yorkshire Probation Trust
- Communities and Wellbeing Kirklees Local Authority
- West Yorkshire Police
- Public and Mental Health foundation trusts
- HMP Armley
- HMP Whealston.
- Together Women project
- Foundation and Community Links
What the project does
- Personalised support planning: with a dedicated and trusted ‘navigator’ and peer mentors, working to access flexible and integrated multi-agency support, to meet each individual’s priority needs.
- Navigator teams: based in the five locality areas carrying low caseloads of individuals with complex support needs.
- Multi Agency Review Boards (MARBs): established in each locality area. MARB members include a range of statutory and voluntary sector service providers and commissioners.
- Network of people with lived experience: to influence and embed co-production in service design, delivery and governance locally, regionally and nationally.
- Workforce development: including training for professionals, multi-agency practice development groups, and communities of practice.
- Employment, training and education team: providing pathways to employment including training and engaging peer mentors who bring real life experience to the programme.
- Regional evaluation and support hub: for media and communications and evaluation and learning.